WE OFFER SERVICES TO A WIDE RANGE OF CLIENTS INCLUDING PUBLIC BODIES AND PRIVATE SECTOR ENTITIES, EMPLOYERS, CONTRACTORS, DEVELOPERS, PURCHASERS, FINANCIERS AND VARIOUS SERVICE PROVIDERS IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY, WHICH ALLOWS US TO ADOPT A GLOBAL, PRACTICAL APPROACH AND TO GRASP TECHNICAL AND BUSINESS ISSUES EXCEEDING THE STRICT BOUNDARIES OF THE LEGAL PROFESSION.
Our dedicated team is specialised in all legal aspects of the construction industry, both domestically and regionally, with particular focus in the Balkans, Eastern Europe and Caucasus, Middle East and Northern Africa regions.
We have in-depth knowledge and experience in drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of construction-related documentation, such as tender documentation and pre-contractual legal documentation (such as letters of intent, letters of award), all types of domestic and international construction contracts, project management, consultant and other services’ agreements, all types of construction-related financing and collateral agreements or instruments (such as funding and development agreements performance bonds, warranties, parent company guarantees, comfort letters), concession agreements, joint-venture and other cooperative structures. We have also developed and keep growing particular know-how in FIDIC-based projects.
OUR CONSTRUCTION SECTOR TEAM
Cooperates closely with other construction-related sector teams (Real Estate, Public Procurement and Infrastructure, Energy, Transportation) in providing sound global legal advice regarding all legal aspects of construction and development, including land use, planning and zoning, licensing, environmental and expropriation issues.
Not least, our team maintains close links and collaborates with KLC`s Dispute Resolution team in dealing with complex construction-related disputes, whether domestic or multi-jurisdictional, before various dispute resolution fora, in cooperation with leading financial and technical experts, with a view to providing our clients a full service of the highest quality.
Our experience in this sector includes:
- drafting and negotiating of EPC and other type of construction, procurement and engineering agreements for the development of energy, infrastructure and other construction projects in Greece and abroad (Europe, Middle East, North Africa) with particular expertise in FIDIC type construction contracts
- providing legal advice to clients active in the construction industry on various aspects of their day-to-day operations, including drafting and negotiation of joint venture, consortium, pre-bid, consultancy and other agreements with industry stakeholders and advising on a wide array of contractual, regulatory and other legal issues
- legal due diligence services in relation to major concession, infrastructure and development project across business sectors, including road and railway infrastructure, accommodation and leisure, airport facilities and energy
- drafting and negotiating of Project Finance and other credit support facilities in relation to construction related activities
- one-stop-shop legal services through the interfaces of our construction legal team with other KLC construction-related sector teams (Real Estate, Public Procurement and Infrastructure, Regulatory, Energy, Transportation) in providing sound global legal advice regarding all legal aspects of construction and development, including tax, employment, land use, planning and zoning, anti-trust and state aid, regulatory and licensing, environmental and expropriation issues
- legal support in contract and claims management, negotiation and pre-dispute procedures and full spectrum legal representation of clients in construction dispute resolution procedures, including complex multi-party litigation with cross-border elements and international arbitration before all major arbitration institutions, such as ICC, LCIA, SCC and DIFC