Banking | Finance | Capital Markets
WE HAVE THE CAPACITY TO PROVIDE COMBINED SERVICES GIVEN OUR VAST EXPERIENCE IN OTHER PRACTICE AREAS, SUCH AS PUBLIC LAW, TORT LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION.
We act as legal advisor to leading financial institutions under their capacity as issuers, underwriters and arrangers in international loans (syndicated, term loans or bond loans); equally we represent investors in relation to their financing and / or refinancing, thereby negotiating at both ends complex financing agreements and instruments. We act for banks and financial institutions in mergers and acquisitions as well as in loan portfolios and branches transfer deals, regulatory issues and innovative investment and financial products, corporate finance plans and consumer credit.
FURTHERMORE, WE COVER
all aspects of capital markets including regulatory and transactional matters. We advise major credit institutions and investments firms in a wide array of activities, including a very recent assignment of their compliance with the new regulatory framework on Markets in Financial Instruments (MIFID II/ MIFIR). We advise listed companies in respect of compliance issues, including corporate governance issues, market abuse and market manipulation, disclosure issues, etc. We maintain close links to the world's leading investment banks and work together on tailor-made solutions for the financing of investments, privatisations, loan facilities etc. We also deal with sovereign debt issues.
BANKING | FINANCE | CAPITAL MARKETS
- Acting as legal advisor to the special liquidator for all credit and financial institutions under special liquidation in Greece regarding the disposal of leasing assets of some of the above institutions
- Acting as legal advisor to the Bank of Greece for the drafting of statutory provisions establishing a secondary market for non-performing loans
- Acting as legal advisor to credit institutions and investment companies in respect of their compliance with the requirements of MiFID II/ MiFIR and the regulations and directives issued according to them
- Acting as legal advisor to investment companies with respect to the preparation of the file for their licensing by the Hellenic Capital Market Commission, including the drafting of all relevant documentation (articles of association, internal regulations and the documentation necessary for the provision of services to the clients [MiFID pack, investment services agreement, etc.])
- Acting as legal advisor to investment companies for the amendment of their licenses as regards the investment services which they intend to provide, including the review of all the relevant documents (articles of association, internal operational regulation, etc.)
- Acting as legal advisor to Greek investment firms in connection with issues arising in respect of their compliance with MiFID I and local laws as well as issues of their operation, such as compliance issues relating to the operation of branches in other jurisdictions or through cross border provision of services (passport), etc.
- Acting as legal advisor to an investment company for its operations in Greece and for establishing a branch in Greece
- Acting as legal advisor to a Greek investment company acting as issuer in the listing by reverse merger of a renowned real estate investment company on ΑΤΗΕΧ
- Acting as legal advisor to the European Investment Bank in relation to the implementation of the JESSICA financial instrument for the financing of urban development projects in Greece
- Acting for the chambers of Athens, Evros, Ioannina and Rodopi as well as for pharmaceutical companies in relation to losses incurred on their bonds portfolio following the restructuring of the Greek Public Debt
- Acting for an executive in an investment firm against an act imposing a fine issued by the Hellenic Capital Market Commission
- Acting as legal advisor to a great airport catering and food services in relation to its share capital increase
- Acting as legal advisor to a great local bank in relation to the restructuring of its receivables owed by two major business groups with subsidiaries outside Greece
- Acting as legal advisor to an international bank in relation to its cross-border transactions with counter-parties domiciled in Greece
- Acting as legal advisor to a company of a multinational construction group in relation to capital markets legislation and disclosure requirements in a cross-jurisdictional transaction pertaining to the transfer of business in the United Arab Emirates
- Acting as legal advisor to a syndicate of international banks in their capacity as arrangers of several securitisation programs regarding receivables of a local bank under mortgage loans and credit cards
- Acting as legal advisor to an international bank in relation to syndicated loans to wind park projects
- Acting as legal advisor to a major heavy industry in relation to the financing of development of a power plant
- Acting as legal advisor to a foreign energy group in relation to the financing of its subsidiary for the construction of power plants in Greece
- Acting as legal advisor to the Guarantee Fund for Small Enterprises in relation to the project on energy upgrading in housing in Greece
- Acting as legal advisor to the Hellenic Republic (Ministry of Finance) for the unbundling of the commercial activities of the Consignment and Loan Fund
- Acting as legal advisor to major banks in the financing of a commercial (The Mall Athens) and residential complex, involving, among others, the elaboration and negotiation of the financing and collateral agreements
- Acting as legal advisor to a leading cement company listed on ΑΤΗΕΧ on matters of compliance with capital markets legislation, especially in respect of market abuse regulations and IFRS