OVER THE YEARS WE HAVE ADVISED BOTH ON A LASTING BASIS AND ON SPECIFIC MATTERS SOME OF THE MOST WELL-KNOWN HEAVY INDUSTRIES, ACTIVE IN GREECE BUT WITH ALSO VERY SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITIES ABROAD.
Heavy industry makes up a sector in which the enterprises are of usually considerable size and the associated business matters, broad and complex. Therefore providing adequate legal services requires extensive skills and competences. We are proud to claim that we can demonstrate a long tradition and very extensive experience and track record.
Our clients list include one of the biggest cement production and trading groups in Europe, one of the biggest European steel industry, a major metals processing group, a metallurgy giant, oil refineries, power generation and trading companies, food packaging industries etc.
DIACHRONICALLY WE HAVE BEEN PROVIDING
Advice and services in relation to every aspect of the operation of such businesses.
Our experience in this sector includes:
- everything related to the acquisition of a heavy industry (in most cases group of companies) both in Greece and abroad (Europe, Middle East, North Africa) everything related to the set-up, establishment and expansion of an industry (including licensing and EPC agreements)
- everything related to day-to-day operations, such as matters and disputes relating to mining and supply of raw materials, to sale of end products in the internal market or abroad (including transport and competition law matters), to procurement of plant and machinery and to sub-contractors in general matters and disputes relating to environmental protection requirements (including defending against class actions)
- matters and disputes relating to internal and European competition legislation (including cartel issues)
- matters and disputes relating to stock exchange legislation (including IPO and delisting)
- all sorts of labor law issues (including individual labor agreements and relations, negotiations and agreements with labor unions)
- all sorts of corporate law issues (including company secretary services)
- tax matters
- all sorts of business agreements; defending clients before courts of all kinds (including Greek and EU) and arbitral tribunals