IN THE PAST DECADES OUR FIRM HAS ACQUIRED AND IS CONSTANTLY DEVELOPING VALUABLE KNOW-HOW IN ALL TYPES OF PRIVATISATIONS (SHARE DEALS IN LISTED AND NON-LISTED COMPANIES, ASSET DEALS AND STRATEGIC INVESTOR SCHEMES) IN VARIOUS SECTORS OF THE GREEK ECONOMY.
We have been a pioneer in the provision of legal services in the privatisations sector by successfully completing the first privatisation of a state enterprise in Greece (HERACLES Cement Group). We are one of the top choices of major foreign investors as well as of the Greek State for such projects in view of the current market situation favoring privatisations in Greece.
Excellent cooperation with all the major financial advisors and competent departments of the Greek State and we are able to identify and assess already in the early stages of each privatisation process the "red flag" issues of the transaction, to provide top quality legal support in the course of complex, multi-party negotiations and suggest feasible, mutually beneficial and original solutions on complex legal issues, by applying "out-of-the-box" methods and thinking.
- Legal advisor to the special liquidator for all credit and financial institutions under special liquidation in Greece regarding the disposal of leasing assets in its portfolio
- Legal advisor in relation to corporate law matters to the Hellenic Corporation of Αssets and Participation SA (HCAP) established in May 2016 and being responsible for the asset management and full exploitation of Greek State assets
- Legal advisor to the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF) in relation to the exploitation process for selected state-owned real property
- Legal advisor to the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF) in relation to the privatisation of the state-owned postal services provider (ELTA)
- Legal advisor to the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF) for the exploitation of its portfolio of small ports and marinas in Greece
- Legal advisor to the Greek State for the potential sale of the commercial (banking) operations of the Consignment Deposits and Loans Fund through a complex legal unbundling scheme of its reserved public sector activities
- Legal advisor to the Greek State regarding the sale of a majority stake in Hellenic Industrial Development Bank (ETVA) to Piraeus Bank at a transaction value of GRD 170 billion (€ 500 million)
- Legal advisor to a major Greek group (at first in consortium with a multinational oil company ) regarding the purchase of a minority stake in Hellenic Petroleum
- Legal advisor to Olympic Airways in the course of the privatisation process of the group during the period 1998-2005
- Legal advisor to a large multinational cement company in the first ever privatisation implemented in Greece of Heracles cement group, through the sale of the majority stake held by the Greek State at a transaction value of GRD 114 billion (€ 335 million)