EU & Competition
OUR FIRM HANDLES CASES RELATED TO ALL ASPECTS OF THE APPLICATION OF FREE AND UNFAIR COMPETITION LAW.
We act for our clients before the European courts and the European Commission in relation to issues concerning free competition law and especially state aid law; we participate in notifications before the European Commission in cases of concentrations control; we act for our clients before the Hellenic Competition Commission and other national regulatory authorities in cases of alleged horizontal or vertical collusions restrictive of competition and in cases of alleged abuses of dominance.
We act for Greek undertakings before courts in cases concerning actions for damages for breach of competition law, in cases concerning decisions of the Hellenic Competition Commission as well as in cases concerning protection against unfair competition.
We act as legal advisor for our clients on free competition and state aid rules in legal due diligence reports for mergers and acquisitions. We also act as legal advisor of the Greek State or other public entities for the same legal issues, during procedures of privatization or market liberalisation.
We conduct compliance programs tailored to the needs of specific clients.
OUR EU & COMPETITION LAW DEPARTMENT
Has been issuing uninterruptedly since 2014 two legal reports on competition law and the law of regulated markets, namely the Competition & Regulation Report (C&RR) and the C&RR Commentaries.
- Acting as legal advisor to a major foreign company on state aid issues, within the context of the restructuring of a major electricity generation company
- Acting as legal advisor to a foreign investment company on issues concerning free competition, concentrations control and state aid, within the context of the acquisition of a major company active in the sector of cosmetics, parapharmaceutical products and luxury foods
- Acting for a major multinational company active in the construction sector before the Hellenic Competition Commission, in a case of horizontal collusion (cartel)
- Acting as legal advisor to the Public Power Corporation (PPC), and subsequently to the Independent Power Transmission Operator (IPTO) on competition and state aid issues within the context of the ownership split of the latter
- Acting for a major Greek company in a complaint before the European Commission for state aid granted to one of its competitors
- Acting for pharmaceutical companies in submitting answers to the Hellenic Competition Commission within the context of a sectoral inquiry
- Acting for a pharmaceutical company for its submission of information to the European Commission, within the context of a sectoral inquiry on barriers to the entry into the generics market
- Conducting a compliance seminar to the staff of a major company manufacturing sanitary products
- Acting for companies providing multi-media information services before the Hellenic Telecommunications and Post Commission, as regards abuse of dominance
- Acting for a company active in the disinfection sector in a number of cases before the civil courts concerning unfair competition issues
- Acting for a major publishing company before the Hellenic Competition Commission
- Acting as legal advisor to the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (TAIPED) on issues concerning state aid, within the context of the development of marinas and small ports
- Acting as legal advisor to the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (TAIPED) on issues of competition and state aid, within the context of the privatization of the Hellenic Post
- Acting as legal advisor to the Hellenic Republic (Ministry of Finance) on state aid issues, within the context of the unbundling of the commercial sector of the Hellenic Deposits and Consignments Fund
- Acting for a major food company before the civil courts in a case concerning its distribution agreements
- Acting for a major intellectual property collective administration company before the Supreme Administrative Court in a case concerning creators’ powers
- Acting for a large food company in litigations relevant to competition law
- Acting for a major shipbuilding company before the Court of Justice of the European Union in a case concerning illegal and abusive state aid